My Forever Five
Every Valentine’s Day that I’m single, my mother sends me a box of make-up. Albeit one of those situations that straddles the line of insulting and generous, it does give my American Express a reprieve so I’ll go with it.*
In my mother’s version of BirchBox, I’ve found some great products, that I will use forever. Since I’m committed to being embalmed with these, I thought I’d share.
1. Perricone MD’s Face Finishing Moisturizer: If combination skin was a game I would be a level 12 dragon master. This moisturizer seems a little thick upon application, but as it sets it makes a great makeup primer whilst giving me (and hopefully you) perfectly moisturized skin.
2. NARS Orgasm Blush: To be frank, the name made me uncomfortable more than excited. But, after trying it - I fell hard. It’s a great year round blush that suits 99.9% of the population.
3. benefit’s they’re real! Mascara: I was a major fan of fake lashes for years, until mid-date my eyelash fell onto my cheek. Humiliation quickly prompted the search for an alternative. After running the gauntlet from CoverGirl to Dior, this was the clear winner. It lengthens, curls and did, in fact, prompt someone to ask if they were real. Isn’t it the little victories?
4. theBalm Stainiac Lip Stain in Beauty Queen: If you dig red lips, but it doesn’t quite match you’re coloring, try a dark pink. I like this lip stain because you use multiple coats to get to the hue you want - so one coat at work, three at drinks with a little chapstick and you’re set.
5. Stila Perfecting Concealer: Best. under-eye. concealer. ever. It thick enough to get rid to cover dark circles and stays put all day. (Although, I wouldn’t recommend it for zits because it can be tough to blend).
*My mother does love me dearly and think I’ve hung the moon - with or without make-up. As she always taught me, I am, and you are, the most beautiful when we’re full of joy.